Friday, November 11, 2011

Sharks eyes

Have you ever wondered what Animals see?  I have always been interested in sharks.  I am very afraid of them but I think they are very interesting creatures.  When I started researching them I found out that they actually have some color deficiency.  There were some resachers that went out and looked into the retinal cells of sharks in Australia.  They found that the sharks had rod cells which makes it easier for them to see at night.  Knowing this is probably why it is known not to go swimming in the ocean at night because the sharks are out on the prowl.  Then they looked at the cone cells in the sharks.  They found that many of the sharks lacked cone cells which means it is hard for the sharks to see different colors.  For the most part, the sharks probably can see some color but mostly grey colors. 

See the article below:

by: Jaclyn Matli

No comments:

Post a Comment